Some employees have had their SMCCD email accounts forwarded to personal accounts. Prior to migrating to Office 365, ITS would take care redirecting the emails. Once your email account has been migrated to Office 365, the forwarding feature that ITS set up for you no longer works. You can maintain forwarding of your emails in Office 365.
Below are directions for forwarding email in Office 365:
- Log into your Office 365 email account using the web (webmail.smccd.edu)
- Click ‘Settings’ (the ‘gear’ symbol in the upper right hand corner)
- Choose Options/Account
- On the right side of the screen, choose ‘Forward your Email’
- Under ‘forwarding,’ enter the external email account to which you want your SMCCD emails forwarded. Click on the box below to keep a copy of forwarded messages in Outlook Web App.
- Click ‘start forwarding.’
Note: As soon as you forward your email our junk filtering is no longer active on your account. You will need to handle junk email on your personal account.