Mitel Phone and Voicemail Guide
- Mitel quick-start guide – the quick start guide that was distributed with the new handsets.
Please read the instructions below before attempting to set up your voicemail box.
- Please record a greeting so callers know that it’s truly your voicemail box they’ve reached.
- There are important notes and user options toward the bottom of this thread after instruction steps.
The step-by-step instructions below will work both on and off-campus.
- Dial 650-378-7411
- When VM answers and you hear the VM (voicemail) greeting, dial your 4-digit extension number.
- When you start to hear the greeting, interrupt the message by selecting *
- You will be prompted to enter the temporary passcode provided to you by ITS. VM will alert you that the passcode is expiring prompting you to enter a new passcode. Please remember this new passcode for future VM access.
- VM will guide you through the rest of the setup with step-by-step instructions. After setting the new passcode, you will be asked to record your name, and record a greeting.
After the first time setup you only need steps 1-3 followed by the passcode you created during the first time setup.
- If you do not set your passcode anyone who knows the default passcode will be able to access your voicemail.
- It is highly recommended that you please record your name and personalized message. If you do not record a greeting… it will default to a generic system greeting “please leave your name and message, please start your message now (beep)”. It will not be personalized and probably confuse most callers trying to leave you a message.
- Please only record/update your main greeting and do not record/enable an EXTENDED ABSENCE GREETING.
- The prompts you’ll hear during setup are slow. This allows people who are unfamiliar with the system time to think about their response. Please be patient, setting up a new greeting only takes a minute or two
To access “User Options” dial into your voicemail box and select 8 to change “User Options”.
Within “User Options” dial:
4 – Change your greeting
6 – Change your name
7 – Change your passcode