Microsoft has released a new version of the Outlook client for the Mac.
According to Microsoft, the new Outlook for Mac includes:
- “Better performance and reliability as a result of a new threading model and database improvements.
- A new modern user interface with improved scrolling and agility when switching between Ribbon tabs.
- Online archive support for searching Exchange (online or on-premises) archived mail.
- Master Category List support and enhancements delivering access to category lists (name and color) and sync between Mac, Windows and OWA clients.
- Office 365 push email support for real-time email delivery.
- Faster first-run and email download experience with improved Exchange Web Services syncing.”
You can download the new Outlook software yourself by following these steps:
- On your Macintosh, log into the Office 365 web client at http://webmail.smccd.edu
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select “Office 365 settings” from the pull-down menu.
- Scroll down the menu on the left and select “Software”.
- Find the section titled “Get Outlook for Mac” and click the “Install” button.
To avoid usability conflicts, it is recommended that you remove the older 2011 version of Mac Outlook.