New Outlook for Mac
Microsoft has released a new version of the Outlook client for the Mac.
According to Microsoft, the new Outlook for Mac includes:
- “Better performance and reliability as a result of a new threading model and database improvements.
- A new modern user interface with improved scrolling and agility when switching between Ribbon tabs.
- Online archive support for searching Exchange (online or on-premises) archived mail.
- Master Category List support and enhancements delivering access to category lists (name and color) and sync between Mac, Windows and OWA clients.
- Office 365 push email support for real-time email delivery.
- Faster first-run and email download experience with improved Exchange Web Services syncing.”
You can download the new Outlook software yourself by following these steps:
- On your Macintosh, log into the Office 365 web client at http://webmail.smccd.edu
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select “Office 365 settings” from the pull-down menu.
- Scroll down the menu on the left and select “Software”.
- Find the section titled “Get Outlook for Mac” and click the “Install” button.
To avoid usability conflicts, it is recommended that you remove the older 2011 version of Mac Outlook.
If you run into issues, feel free to contact the ITS HelpCenter at http://helpcenter.smccd.edu/requestform/ or call x6543.